Day 1: Moshi / Shira hut
Leave hotel after breakfast for 8 Days Shira Route Mount Kilimanjaro to shira gate, all the way driving. After we finish with the park gate, start hiking to shira plateau for 4hrs, dinner and over night in the camp.[3000m]
Day 2: Shira plateau / Shira hut
Early hike will start after breakfast to shira hut which is 5-6 hrs, lunch will be on the way. Dinner and over night in the camp.[3700m]
Day 3: Shira hut / Lava tower
This day we will not start very early because the hike is only for 3hrs. so we sleep at [4400m] the camp is lava tower.
Day 4: Lava tower / Barranco
This is a very short day and as well is going down to Baranco camp which is [3800m] and this one will help you very much for acclimatizing for the summit. Dinner and over night in the camp.
Day 5: Barranco / Karanga valley
After breakfast, we face the breakfast wall, on our way to Karanga valley for lunch, dinner and over
Day 6: Karanga valley / Barafu
Because we have problem of the water in the other camp, we have to carry water all the way from Karanga vallery, by this, lunch is on route. Dinner and over night in Barafu camp.[4600m] In this camp we arrange our gears for the summit. We start hiking for the summit at mid night, so we wake up at 11.00pm.We will be in the Uhuru peak at 6.30am.
Day 7: Barafu / Mweka hut
After breakfast at Barafu camp descend to Mweka camp for dinner and over night.
Day 8; Mweka hut / Mweka gate
We take breakfast at 8.30am and then walk down to Mweka gate, then cash our transport to Moshi or Arusha. End of your 8 Days Shira Route Mount Kilimanjaro.
Rates include[list type=”check”]
- 6 nights accommodations(Camping Gear) including 1 night in Arusha before or after the climb
- Ground transportation to and from Arusha and the gate
- Tour guide service (English speaking guide available) during your 8 Days Shira Route Mount Kilimanjaro
- All taxes/VATMeals as indicated in the itinerary
- Prices do not include air travel, country entry or departure fees, airport porter fees, visas, phones, valet, all items of a personal nature and beverages and food unless otherwise stated.
- Tips to the Tour Guide and Porters
- Mountain Climbing Gear
- Travel Insurance
- Other personal items